Thursday, November 18, 2010

things that make me cry


things that made me cry this week:

-the barbie commercial shown during movie previews
-the carl bloch museum exhibit
-the news story about the 5 children's homicides this year in layton
-the passing of my friend's mother, even thought i never met her
-researching heroin recovery rates for my next novel
-reading CUTTING FOR STONE

what about you? are you a cryer like me?


24 ¶ But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
• • •
26 ¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and athrust it into my side: and be not bfaithless, but cbelieving.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast aseen me, thou hast believed: bblessed are they that have not seen, and yet have cbelieved.

6 comments:

  1. I am very much a crier. I cry at the dumbest things too. If the music for a commercial is particularly moving, I'll cry. But, I also cry at things that are sad or touch me in a particular way.

    I always cry when the MTC sing "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" or "Come, Come, Ye Saints."

    I cried when I watched Under the Same Moon because of the nasty politics involving immigration and people's prejudice, hate, and selfishness.

    I cried at the end of Toy Story 3.

    I always cry when I watch The Testament.

    I cried when Harry walked into the Forest at the end of Deathly Hallows to sacrifice himself. I also cried when Dobby died (and Hedwig).

    I almost couldn't get through Eight Below because I couldn't handle the dogs' death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That painting is gorgeous- thanks for the recommendation.

    And thank you for the grief counciling last night. Promise next time won't be all death and dying conversations. And thank you for shedding tears along with me. it helped me feel not so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, this post made me cry. so there's your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet I am.

    I almost cried when I told someone (Mom?) that you'd offered to make Clara a quilt. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed to be related to such awesome people.

    Today I cried while watching Annie. Knowing some children don't have a mom to love them like I love Clara got the best of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried this week but it probably doesn't count. My sister and I were laughing so hard that we had tears coursing down our cheeks because it was late and we were laughing about stupid things. I love moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a crier, too. On Sundays I spend most of the block crying. When I'm stressed, like now, though, I keep it in... I'm not allowed to have emotions & sentiment until birthday parties, Thx, & home recovery are finished. Then I'll probably implode. =) Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete