Friday, November 19, 2010

ta da! my first quilt

say hello to my first quilt ever—pieced, sandwiched, basted, quilted, trimmed and bound all by me. far easier than i thought it would be with some online advice by redpepperquilts.

the back.



all shipped off to my lovely sister anna. my only regret is that i didn't wait for a day with better lighting, or for my kids to get home from school, to help photograph it. oh well. if i was a perfectionist i would have never started the quilt in the first place.

{anna, maybe you could take some pictures of it when it's up in the nursery? or have angela do it ;-).}

next project: a twin-sized quilt for my sassy niece clara...maybe...or another baby quilt.

eta: i'm not sure if you see the same thing i do, but it looks like my quilt is glowing in these pictures. dirty lens or a sign? what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. ahhh i love it! so much. will you make me one if i'm ever blessed with a baby? :)

    i think these photos are pretty great. but if you want i'll take more in the nursery when it's put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely gorgeous! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said on Facebook, I sorta wanna hate you and your mad skillz.

    Too bad you're so stinkin' likable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you posted it! I love love love it! so did you quilt it on your machine? or did you send it to someone? I love it. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the closest I've ever felt to being a celebrity.

    It's awesome. I still can't believe how nice you are. I'm one lucky sister, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of Tetris. That's not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe.some. i'm so amazed at you. when do you have time to do it all! like me baby-holding one-handed typing? those are my mad skills.

    and i cannot wait to read your book. i know you have a million people who want to help you read/edit, but if you're looking for one more, it would be an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and that is quite the skill... that is ME skill. i'm so good.

    ReplyDelete